Private Groups, available within Glympse, allow you to share your location to a specific group of people (family, work carpool, etc.). Any Glympse you share to this group will be visible to everyone else in the group, and as other members share location to the group, their location will be visible to you.
Please Note: To ensure that groups remain private, only Glympse users that are signed in will be able to create or join a Private Group.
To create a new Private Group, follow these steps:
1. Open the navigation menu in the upper left corner.
2. Click on the plus symbol next to private groups.
3. A list of your contacts should appear. Select one or more contacts that you would like to add to the group, and click the arrow in the upper right hand corner.
4. Choose a name for your group, and click Create Group.
5. You will now get a pop up message with a choice to share your location now or later. Either option will send an invite to everyone you selected to add previously, and they will be able to choose to join the group or decline the request.
If you choose Share Location, the Glympse Configurator will appear. You can choose to add a message, a destination, set the duration of the Glympse to be sent, and/or pick a mode of travel from this screen. After these have been set, click send in the upper right. Anyone that accepts your invite will be able to see your location for as long as your chose to share it.